Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia Trailer : Grunt attack music?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I revisited the Amnesia teaser trailer after playing the game through, and I realized that the Grunt attack music in the trailer was different from the one featured in the actual game. It seemed to have a faster, more dangerous beat then the one in-game. I liked it, it made me feel uneasy just listening to it, giving it a real sense of terror. The one in the actual game, while the difference appears to be very minimal / subtle, it just doesn't have that same sense of horror. Is there any way I could get the raw music that was used in the trailer?
Are you referring to att_grunt.ogg being too subtle? If not, then find att_grunt.ogg in Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\music. If you are, then there doesn't seem to be any way to obtain that track unfortunately. What you are hearing in the teaser trailer is the original soundtrack that has since been taken out and revised before Amnesia's release. The only remaining raw file of the track is most likely either scrapped from existence or is still among the FG staff.
Do you mean from this trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHPwAvrc...el&list=UL If so, I agree. Same with the grunts uh... grunts and sounds, are much more scarier.
(06-22-2012, 11:18 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean from this trailer? [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHPwAvrc...el&list=UL[/url] If so, I agree. Same with the grunts uh... grunts and sounds, are much more scarier.
Yes, this one. It's pretty apparent that the song in this trailer has a deep, fast drum beat, and the song seems much faster. The instruments seem more intense and sharp, in my opinion, it's the horror best represented in musical form! However, the game's current music is great, but does not match the trailers.

I also liked the concept of barricading the door, making it a little harder for the grunt to get in, rather than just destroying the door completely and coming in, he'd have to remove all the barricades behind it. This would make a interesting game play element, taking a few precious seconds to barricade a door, which might save your life.
Also doors totally sound way more badass in that video :3
(06-23-2012, 06:09 AM)Streetboat Wrote: [ -> ]Also doors totally sound way more badass in that video :3
Was it just me that noticed Daniel's hand texture looked different than the final version?

Wait... why was I staring at his hand?
And the light from lantern was more bright and warm.
(06-23-2012, 02:29 AM)Asablief Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2012, 11:18 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean from this trailer? [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHPwAvrc...el&list=UL[/url] If so, I agree. Same with the grunts uh... grunts and sounds, are much more scarier.
Yes, this one. It's pretty apparent that the song in this trailer has a deep, fast drum beat, and the song seems much faster. The instruments seem more intense and sharp, in my opinion, it's the horror best represented in musical form! However, the game's current music is great, but does not match the trailers.
I think that music is still in the game but it only plays when a grunt chases you and starts running.Also 600th post!!
(06-25-2012, 02:18 PM)Datguy5 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that music is still in the game but it only plays when a grunt chases you and starts running.Also 600th post!!
Yes, but it's a different song played than the one in the trailer.