Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Music not playing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the past hour or so now I've been trying to get this music to work. For some reason it won't play and I have no idea why. When I use a different ogg instead of the current one, it works fine so I don't think there's a problem with the script. Here it is just in case:

Code:
void OnEnter()
{
PlayMusic("Outside.ogg", true, 0.8, 1, 1, true);
}

Attached is a picture of the 3 ogg files I'm using. "IntroMusic" works fine, but "Outside" and "Carriage" don't. Is there something that could cause this?

[attachment=3041]

Thanks,
- ElectricRed
void Onstart()
{
PlayMusic("Outsid",true,1,0,0,false);
}
Nope, still not working. (Yes, I fixed the "Outsid" spelling error. Tongue) Thanks for the response though.
Make sure the file is in the sounds folder of your custom story.
Other than that, nothing's wrong.
In your custom story folder create a folder called Sounds , in it you put all your custom sounds.
I originally had the files in a folder called "music." I made the Sounds folder and it worked for some reason. What I find confusing is that when they were in the music folder, one of them DID work.

Anyways, thanks for the help! Big Grin
Wait a second, .ogg files are inside the "music" folder, and .snt files are inside the "sounds" folder.
(06-23-2012, 09:23 PM)FastHunteR Wrote: [ -> ]Wait a second, .ogg files are inside the "music" folder, and .snt files are inside the "sounds" folder.
That's not how I have them set up, and they're working fine. >.<
They don't have to be in certain folders, but it is easier to organize that way.