Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Unplayable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I can't play it anymore... I got to the room where you get chased by 2 zombies and you have to get a strange green thing from a big glass container. I have no ida how i managed to get there with this framerate that i started getting. Now it is just like i am looking at screenshots that are changing every 2 seconds. I can't do anything. I restarted, closed everything (including Explorer) and tried it but it was the same Sad. I didn't have problems with Overture, the demo of Black Plague and the begining of the full game. I have a good computer with 1GB RAM, 256Mb and 3gHZ processor. I play Quake4 without any problems but i can't play Penumbra: Black Plague Sad.
Please help me.

Edit: I also tried turning everything (graphics mostly) to minimum.
Have you tried rebooting(or was that what you meant by restarting?) the computer?
yes
it didn't help Sad
Have you updated your card's drivers and which video card do you use?

Have you tried this hotfix?
http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/70/
Have you tried loading a game from before the point where it started to lag? It could be that something really odd happened that time and replaying from an earlier save could solve it.
I will try the fix
And i cant remember when it started. I remember at first there was just a bit of it, then slowly it kept getting worse and worse. And now when the screen flashes the game freezes for around 10 seconds.
The fix didnt fix it. And i should correct myself. The frames dont change every 2 seconds. They change every 6-7 seconds Big Grin
I noticed that as i get closer to the ending the FPS gets worse and worse Sad
I am stuck because of the FPS Sad
I'm gona cry now Sad
hmm, no idea really what it could be. You could try to clear the cache for the game:
go to installation directory/redist/core/cache and delete the files in there.
Update your video card drivers and check so your graphics card is not overheated. And if you have vista, do not delete the cache.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6