Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Lost Custom Stories Folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I finally found the custom stories folder and decided to move it into my Amnesia folder. Bad idea. I couldn't get any of the custom stories to work so I put it back into the redist folder... I can't find it... My computer can't find it at all... Any suggestions on what to do? Maybe restart my computer?? Please help? and how do I extract the folder anyways? But please help me?

Thanks.
W.. What are you talking about? The custom story folder should alredy be in your redist folder.
(06-25-2012, 05:47 PM)CrazyArts Wrote: [ -> ]W.. What are you talking about? The custom story folder should alredy be in your redist folder.

It was... But being stupid I thought it would be easier to move it to another folder until I realized that it wouldn't work. I moved it back and now it's no where to be found.
(06-25-2012, 05:49 PM)andylynn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2012, 05:47 PM)CrazyArts Wrote: [ -> ]W.. What are you talking about? The custom story folder should alredy be in your redist folder.

It was... But being stupid I thought it would be easier to move it to another folder until I realized that it wouldn't work. I moved it back and now it's no where to be found.
Well then create a new folder called custom_stories and put it in your redist folder.
(06-25-2012, 05:53 PM)CrazyArts Wrote: [ -> ]

Well then create a new folder called custom_stories and put it in your redist folder.

I did. i hope it works. Thank you very much! Smile

(06-25-2012, 05:53 PM)CrazyArts Wrote: [ -> ]

It didn't work so do I need to extract something? this also happened before. Thanks.
It sounds like you don't have complete administrative privileges for your Windows user account. Reinstalling the game might "bring back" the custom_stories folder. You may have to start running things "As Administrator" to get everything to show up like they're supposed to.
(06-25-2012, 06:53 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like you don't have complete administrative privileges for your Windows user account. Reinstalling the game might "bring back" the custom_stories folder. You may have to start running things "As Administrator" to get everything to show up like they're supposed to.

No i found what I did wrong. Thanks anyways, it works now! Smile