Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: void SetMessage(string& asTextCategory, string& asTextEntry, float afTime);
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
void SetMessage(string& asTextCategory, string& asTextEntry, float afTime);
Displays a message on the screen.

asTextCategory - the category in the .lang file
asTextEntry - the entry in the .lang file
afTime - determines how long the message is displayed. If time is < =0 then the life time is calculated based on string length.

Now, when it says "the category in the .lang file" what do I name the category? Can I name it anything I want?
Also, when it says "the entry in the .lang file" what do I name the entry? Can I name it anything I want? (I think I can)

Thank You
Yes, you can name the category file whatever you want, I suggest you should name it "Messages". You can also name the entry whatever you want! Smile Hope I helped
asTextCategory - // aka "Messages" "Descriptions" "Inventory" and so on. Basicly categories in the .lang file.
asTextEntry - the entry in the .lang file // entry name, for example Category: Inventory Entry name: >"Key_1"<
afTime - determines how long the message is displayed. If time is < =0 then the life time is calculated based on string length. // TIME: HOW MUCH TIME THIS MESSAGE OF YOURS WILL BE DISPLAYED
(06-26-2012, 02:22 PM)CrazyArts Wrote: [ -> ]asTextCategory - // aka "Messages" "Descriptions" "Inventory" and so on. Basicly categories in the .lang file.
asTextEntry - the entry in the .lang file // entry name, for example Category: Inventory Entry name: >"Key_1"<
afTime - determines how long the message is displayed. If time is < =0 then the life time is calculated based on string length. // TIME: HOW MUCH TIME THIS MESSAGE OF YOURS WILL BE DISPLAYED

I already knew that lol... I have it all documented into my computer. Its much easier to find things that way.