Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Botanicula.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I just started playing my game and it's probably the weirdest thing I've EVER played, but I love it so much. It just makes me incredibly happy watching all the things that happen in that game.

So yeah, anyone else played it? Any thoughts?

Demo and some information can be found here:

http://botanicula.net/
Been playing the demo for a bit... I had Khyrpa send me something weird like this awhile ago, how do you guys find these weird games? XD
How do you like it?

And the full story of how I found it is that I was looking on Dan Pinchbeck's twitter for news about pigs, and I saw his posts about the indie game award so I went to check it out. I looked at the results they had so far and saw Botanicula was pretty high for some of them and I was intrigued by the name, so I went to check out the demo
Soundtrack was nice, so i purchased it. The game is weird but interesting at the same time.
I like the sound/music/interaction, but some of the puzzles are really not great. Feels like pixel hunting and click everything you see. Might finish it with the aid of a walkthrough.
Yeah some of the puzzles so far have been a bit painful, nothing horrible though. I agree about the soundtrack, and the sound design. Excellent audio for this game.
It's really weird, but I like it Smile
Where do you guys find these games?
I already explained how I found it.. read the third post
Now I don't like to bump threads normally, but I just realized botanicula has one of my favourite soundtracks of any game.

IT'S SO NICE >:o

Big Grin
Pages: 1 2