Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: editor save glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there, ive used the editor for a long time, but now randomly, at the new story im making, thing didnt save.
i have no caches, but why is it not saving?
I have a somewhat similar issue. Where are you trying to save the files to? For me, my computer doesn't think I have access to save/edit files in the amnesia directory, so I have to save the files to my desktop, THEN transfer them over into the custom story folder. If you're saving directly into your amnesia folder, it may be worth a try saving it to your desktop. If it still doesn't work, maybe check to see if there is a newer version of the level editor. If you have been using it for that long, it may have finally went out of date.
Your changes have been saved, but HPL2 made an .cache file (used for back-ups)

When testing your story, it will not represent any progress you made.

To fix this, go to your Amnesia story folder; in the folder 'maps'. (where your .hps and .map files are located) should be another file called .map_cache. Simply delete the particular file and all shall be good.

@DaAinGame
It has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility of an 'oudated' HPL2 engine.

ZyLogicX
there is no caches, but i found out, if i open the scene in mapview, it will appear in the game