Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: My creation won't save.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, my problem is that after i create something in the level editor and save it, it wont be there afterwards. Even if i save it a hundred times, won't work. I've followed guides on youtube and done all the pre-scripting needed to make a level, and i even made one. But only basic one with floor, starting position and some light. That one worked to save but not anymore.
Please help, and thanks.
Is there a .map_cache file in the same folder your map is in? If so, delete that, and try opening your map again to see if it works.
Atm there's only the .hps file, because i deleted the old map file with the basic map. Also when im in the editor, i can still open the map that i've been working on from there, but it doesnt show up when i check the folder normally.
(07-04-2012, 12:32 PM)CreatAr Wrote: [ -> ]Atm there's only the .hps file, because i deleted the old map file with the basic map. Also when im in the editor, i can still open the map that i've been working on from there, but it doesnt show up when i check the folder normally.

This normally means the program is being ran under a user that lacks permission to make editions to the folder contents, and so in order to not deny access to the programs Windows redirects the program else where. See if they're found in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore.
Thanks, i found it, but how do i prevent this? Run the editor as admin?
(07-04-2012, 03:49 PM)CreatAr Wrote: [ -> ]Run the editor as admin?

Most likely.
(07-04-2012, 11:42 AM)CreatAr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there, my problem is that after i create something in the level editor and save it, it wont be there afterwards. Even if i save it a hundred times, won't work. I've followed guides on youtube and done all the pre-scripting needed to make a level, and i even made one. But only basic one with floor, starting position and some light. That one worked to save but not anymore.

Please help, and thanks.

i had same problem but i just renamed the map and then WOLLA!!! it worked Smile
*voila