Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Jumpscares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm really new at this sort of thing, (game making), I'm using Unity3D.... How do I make it so that when i am holding a key(the "trigger") and walk to a certain point, my "monster" will Appear, then Dissapear? I want him to pop up for about a second and a half..
Thanks if anyone can help.
What the hell, what do you mean..

Unity3D for Amnesia level editing? or Unity3D for other crap?
Not sure why are using another game engine, are you using the HPL2 editors?

Try this site for all script functions, their is a nice index at the top right.
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions
(07-06-2012, 06:32 PM)GeneralGregsworth Wrote: [ -> ]What the hell, what do you mean..

Unity3D for Amnesia level editing? or Unity3D for other crap?
You must really hate Unity

Aaaaaaanyway, this sort of thing would be more appropriate asking at the Unity forums itself. Since, you know, most here are not too familiar with the Unity framework, or C#/java either for that matter.
(07-06-2012, 06:36 PM)Rapture Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why are using another game engine, are you using the HPL2 editors?

Try this site for all script functions, their is a nice index at the top right.
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions

This should really help. Thanks so much.
I have another question, if it isn't too much. When i go to put the script in, it works and everything, but when i go to save it, the "Save" option is not available for me to click... how do i fix it?
No i don't hate unity3d, i've even used it. But i don't get it. What is he asking for? Unity3D scripts or HPL2 scripts?
This is not the forum for Unity discussion, I'm sure you'll have a better chanse at getting your answers over at the unity forums.

I'm closing this thread, if you are indeed asking questions about Amnesia modding then please make a new post in the Development Support section where it belongs.