Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Do you guys think penumbra black plague
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey do you guys on the forum think that penumbra black plague will be open source anytime soon.I like to improve some of the code.Since all we have overture I think black plague should be open source to.
(07-10-2012, 06:27 PM)anonreclaimer Wrote: [ -> ]Hey do you guys on the forum think that penumbra black plague will be open source anytime soon.I like to improve some of the code.Since all we have overture I think black plague should be open source to.
In reality you have most of the blank plague source already. The engine code is exactly the same (literally) for all 3 games. the only difference is just the core game code. (e.g. mostly logic code).
(07-10-2012, 08:05 PM)Urkle Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2012, 06:27 PM)anonreclaimer Wrote: [ -> ]Hey do you guys on the forum think that penumbra black plague will be open source anytime soon.I like to improve some of the code.Since all we have overture I think black plague should be open source to.
In reality you have most of the blank plague source already. The engine code is exactly the same (literally) for all 3 games. the only difference is just the core game code. (e.g. mostly logic code).
Yeah urkle that's what I'm talking about the core game the logie code not the engine code.I want it because I like black plague most plus I would like to borrow some of the codes from it.