Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Thunder and Lightning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm almost done making the map before my map with the teleporting doorways. And while going through a few of the sketches of what the level would look like, I had a couple of sketches where there were dark clouds, lightning, and a particular symbol which I will post with this thread. The symbol glows red across the sky. I know that I need to create a particle system for the cloud. But I don't know what I would do for the lightning and the symbol. I would like some feedback on this to see what all of you have to say.
By the way, if somebody knows of a tutorial on the particle editor can you link that on this thread or PM the link to me?
Thanks
The symbol could be a billboard. Isn't there any particles you can use that is already made? Smile
(07-12-2012, 08:31 PM)SilentStriker Wrote: [ -> ]The symbol could be a billboard. Isn't there any particles you can use that is already made? Smile
I don't think right at all sometimes...
CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("ThunderParticle_1", "ps_electro_bolt.ps", "ThunderScriptArea_1", false);

Here ya go Wink
(07-21-2012, 12:53 PM)beecake Wrote: [ -> ]CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("ThunderParticle_1", "ps_electro_bolt.ps", "ThunderScriptArea_1", false);

Here ya go Wink
Is this so that the lightning happens at random times?
(07-21-2012, 02:26 PM)Nuclearbones Wrote: [ -> ]Is this so that the lightning happens at random times?

void OnStart()
{
AddTimer("", RandInt(10, 30), "Lightning_FX");
}

void Lightning_FX(string &in asTimer)
{

CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("ThunderParticle_1", "ps_electro_bolt.ps", "ThunderScriptArea_1", false);
}

Fun with random integers! It will randomly pick a time (in seconds) between 10 and 30 seconds. Truly random. You can adjust those intervals if you think its too long/short a time.
(07-21-2012, 02:42 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2012, 02:26 PM)Nuclearbones Wrote: [ -> ]Is this so that the lightning happens at random times?

void OnStart()
{
}

void Lightning_FX(string &in asTimer)
{

}

Fun with random integers! It will randomly pick a time (in seconds) between 10 and 30 seconds. Truly random. You can adjust those intervals if you think its too long/short a time.
Thanks for the tip broski