Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Jack Thompson (hide your games!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Oh shit....
[Image: 1335954-jackthompson2.jpg]
"Please, direct you comments to someone who actually cares."
(07-14-2012, 12:55 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: [ -> ]"Please, direct you comments to someone who actually cares."
Yes.

(07-14-2012, 12:55 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: [ -> ]"Please, direct you comments to someone who actually cares."
Did you find someone yet?
(07-14-2012, 12:56 AM)Dr.Rumstain Wrote: [ -> ]Did you find someone yet?
Does Johnny Depp Jack Thompson count?
(07-14-2012, 01:11 AM)Zaari Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2012, 12:56 AM)Dr.Rumstain Wrote: [ -> ]Did you find someone yet?
Does Johnny Depp Jack Thompson count?
Only if you are playing one of those murder simulators that is video games (Help Me, Jack Thompson is holding me against my will.)
Jack Thompson is right (No he is not),
you kids should go outside more (RUN!)
Please remind me again, who is this Jack Thompson? Some kind of anti-game activist?
(07-14-2012, 03:04 PM)spukrian Wrote: [ -> ]Please remind me again, who is this Jack Thompson? Some kind of anti-game activist?
Yes, the biggest one in the world. Blames everything on games. Like GTA makes every kid go to school and kill everyone. Some Guy was trained as a sniper on Halo etc. The only people that kill other people because of a video, are insane, even before playing games.

Watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnQbIkLUzw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ss6VK2t2LA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnPXrOTBWc

Let me tell you, I have only stole 17 cars and blew up an embassy due GTA......BUT NEVER KILLED ANYONE........I think.
To a point I agree with him. Shops should not sell 18+ / M rated games to children.

If I was working for GameStop or any other game retailer anywhere, I would not sell games to those who seem to be under age unless with proper ID.
If parents buy them for their kids, then that's their business.

But pretty much the rest he's talking about I do not agree.
If someone wants to disagree with me then feel free.
(07-14-2012, 07:48 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]To a point I agree with him. Shops should not sell 18+ / M rated games to children.

If I was working for GameStop or any other game retailer anywhere, I would not sell games to those who seem to be under age unless with proper ID.

No, I understand, kids need an ID at least, or parents as you said, but it wont make them extreme killers.
(07-14-2012, 07:48 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]To a point I agree with him. Shops should not sell 18+ / M rated games to children.

Not sure I agree with this, it's a parents resonsibility to keep their eyes on these things.

Here in sweden the rating system does not actually affect in any kind of way, you could be ten years old and noone would stop you from purchasing an 18 + rated game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4