Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Mapper looking for a team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been making some scenes for in the level editor, but never really considered doing a complete custom story alone, since it takes up too much time. But I really like making scenery, and I have some ideas for a good story.
Is anyone interested in working together and helping me? I will be making the maps, mainly, so there is enough work available Rolleyes

I want it to be a bit more serious, not too many scares, the excitement should be more in the good story.

So is this community still alive?

Here is a video I just made, showing my process on my Dungeon Level

What's your previous experience?
(07-19-2012, 06:54 PM)neocrawler Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry :/ I really want to help but I'm on my own busy with what you are planning Wink. It takes long time. If I wasn't working on this I've would have helped you ^^.
This is pointless, next time don't post anything. Nobody cares about what you would do. I'm just being realistic.
:3 okay sir. I will keep that in mind for the next time I see a post like this ^^
Hey mate i'm your guy! I can do the story line. I am a writer and can make a story to suit whatever you wanna do? reply to this comment or inbox me on forum if your interested and ill add you on facebook or whatever seriously i have been looking for somthing like this for ages. Please give me a chance mate. All i want is my name in credits
(07-19-2012, 06:50 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: [ -> ]What's your previous experience?
None, really. Exept that I have been playing with the level editor for some months now, and I think I do some average work.
Interested in some pictures, videos, whatever?
What's yours?

Quote: Hey mate i'm your guy! I can do the story line. I am a writer and can make a story to suit whatever you wanna do? reply to this comment or inbox me on forum if your interested and ill add you on facebook or whatever seriously i have been looking for somthing like this for ages. Please give me a chance mate. All i want is my name in credits
As I said I have some story myself, I could write it down for you if you want it.? You sure does sound eager! Wink
EDIT: saw your PM..

A scripter sure wouldn't hurt!
Being able to map is a pretty average skill on these forums, to be honest with you unless you're a VERY good mapper you're not gonna get many people that want to join (or at least very many experienced people that want to join).
Apparently he's the one wanting to join someplace. Being a decent mapper is a skill that you can't find anywhere, which is not the case apparently. A mapper though is not a person who puts a bunch of models together as most people seem to define it has, but a person who creates the game scenery as whole.
(07-19-2012, 09:51 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently he's the one wanting to join someplace. Being a decent mapper is a skill that you can't find anywhere, which is not the case apparently. A mapper though is not a person who puts a bunch of models together as most people seem to define it has, but a person who creates the game scenery as whole.
Let me get this straight then. Considering that your definition of a mapper is someone that not only assembles the maps, but also makes all the art assets used in them, there's really only 2 or 3 mappers on this forum considering that (to my knowledge) there's only about that many people on this forum that make all their assets from scratch? Ok.
(07-19-2012, 04:19 PM)Jozef Wrote: [ -> ]I have been making some scenes for in the level editor, but never really considered doing a complete custom story alone, since it takes up too much time. But I really like making scenery, and I have some ideas for a good story.

Is anyone interested in working together and helping me? I will be making the maps, mainly, so there is enough work available Rolleyes

I want it to be a bit more serious, not too many scares, the excitement should be more in the good story.

So is this community still alive?

Hi there, i´m a lonely working map author, and i actually am looking for a team to help and get help from so please send me a message if you´re interested.
ps: My map designs are pretty descent and i´m getting better at scripting, contact me for images and more info, looking forward for a future cooperation...
Pages: 1 2 3