Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Is Alexander supposed to be strong or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the flashback where Alexander and Daniel invade the barn, Daniel specifically states that Alexander goes after Herr Zimmerman, who is likely to be the father of the house and the strongest man on the farm. The fact that Alexander manages to strike him down shows that he's probably strong enough to wield a sword, (I don't think he would've had a gun) which by the way, is extremely heavy. If he's not strong, at least he's fast for someone as old as him. He's also strong enough to hold down most of the prisoners as evidenced by the arsonist saying "Let me go, you brute!" Of course, he had Daniel's help with him, but surely Alexander must have done some human torturing before Daniel came.

However, at the beginning of the story Daniel notes that Alexander's body is old and weak while his is young and strong, and therefore he won't have a difficult time killing the Baron. Agrippa also states "Alexander is toothless without an Orb." Yet I'd think Alexander should be able to put up a good fight if Daniel were to somehow take him on in a caged fist fight or something. Is Alexander supposed to be strong or not?
maybe he brought the servants with him when he went after Herr Zimmerman, after all he is a baron.

and lets not forget, alexander is not really a human
Yeah, Alexander is like, houndreds of years old and not a human being.

Also his junk is impressive, which must mean he's a strong man.
(07-19-2012, 06:14 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Also his junk is impressive, which must mean he's a strong man.
Actually most LP'ers of the game that I've watched on youtube (e.g. Radbrad, Pewdie) says his is rather small.
(07-19-2012, 08:00 PM)Chronofox Wrote: [ -> ]Actually most LP'ers of the game that I've watched on youtube (e.g. Radbrad, Pewdie) says his is rather small.
Well, I hope they've learned from their mistakes.
(07-19-2012, 08:00 PM)Chronofox Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2012, 06:14 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Also his junk is impressive, which must mean he's a strong man.
Actually most LP'ers of the game that I've watched on youtube (e.g. Radbrad, Pewdie) says his is rather small.
Things can be impressive, no matter the scale of them.
When Daniel writes that Alexander is "old and weak", he's clearly lying - had he written that Alexander was otherwordly strong, then Daniel probably wouldn't have had the courage to get revenge...
(07-19-2012, 08:18 PM)spukrian Wrote: [ -> ]When Daniel writes that Alexander is "old and weak", he's clearly lying - had he written that Alexander was otherwordly strong, then Daniel probably wouldn't have had the courage to get revenge...
That or he actually believes that Alexander is old and weak?

Daniel might not have understood that Alexander isn't human then, or even until near the end as it only hints at the fact throughout the game
(07-19-2012, 08:26 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: [ -> ]That or he actually believes that Alexander is old and weak?

Daniel might not have understood that Alexander isn't human then, or even until near the end as it only hints at the fact throughout the game
Well, that's possible. Just got the feeling that Daniel was trying to trick himself. He's a bit of an unreliable narrator.

Anyway, Alexander had some sort of supernatural powers/knowledge and would surely use this to his advantage if he had to fight Daniel.
Anybody else think Sam Mowry sounds a lot like Vincent Price? You can only hear it in Alexander slightly, but Dr. Eminiss sounds almost exactly like him. Perhaps it was a homage.
Pages: 1 2