Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Is their anything wrong with my script? Notes are not working.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to make notes but it doesn't seem to work. When I press it, no title or anything comes up. Look down below and see if you spot anyting wrong. I have written the notes name in the NoteText but it doesn't work either. All comments are appriciated. Thanks.

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">Jacob receives a letter from his grandfather that said he was about to discover something revolutionary. Jacob is curious of course, but as he arrives he then notices that John Duncan(his grandfather) is not to be found. It's up to him and search for his grandfather and find out what he was about to discover!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_officenote_Name">Tinderboxes</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_officenote_Text">If there happen to be any burntout candles anywhere in the mansion, don't worry. I've myself hidden tinderboxes for just that ocasion[br]/Jones.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_lanternnote_Name">Regarding the lantern</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_lanternnote_Text">If you're reading this note, that means I'm dead. And you're probably seeing a lantern, well I won't be needing it anymore. I was given this lantern just before my father died, and it have helped me countless of times. Since all my relatives are dead, you who's reading this may take it. All I ask is you handle it with care.[br]/Peter</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_experimentnote_Name">Requirements for the experiment</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_experimentnote_Text"My experiment for the "Big Boom" as I've named it requires a mixture of fresh oil and Aqua Regia in order to work correctly. This will make a higly dangerous mixture wich could be used for blowing things up. Oh, I can't wait try it out! Though I should proably wait until my so called "discovery" is done.[br]/Jones</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_toolpartnote_Name">Lost ingridient!</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_toolpartnote_Text">I can't belive it! I've done it again. I lost my most important ingredient and let me tell you, it wasn't easy to inquire. The Aqua Regia costed nearly my life! And on top of that, alot of money, Last time as I can remember, I was down in the archives. I'll tell my servants to search for it, as I already got too much to do already.[br]/Jones</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_criminalnote_Name">Time to get rich</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_criminalnote_Text">So of what I've been told, the old man is working on his "discovery" or whatever he calls it. I bet it's worth a fortune! I don't want to keep working here for the rest of my life, 4 years is enough![br]Tomorrow, I will knock him unconsious and steal whatever it is. But if I have to, I'll kill him with my own muddy hands.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_lionnote_Name">Leverance</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_lionnote_Text">The leverance of the lion stature is now located in the whine cellar, we couldn't carry it up the stairs due to its big size. We'll come back next week with more men.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name ="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_keynamehere">"Description here"</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_keynamehere">name of key</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
You forgot to close the opening Note_experimentnote_Text entry tag.
Thank you so much!