Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Problem with graphic driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Im sorry for my english)

Hi, i have problem with hpl level editor...
For some reason everytime i get this driver error="Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has recovered"

I have Amd Radeon HD 6870 graphic card..and i get this error only in this editor....When im playing amnesia normaly (fullscreen mode or windowed on highest settings) i never get this error...im getting this error only when im creating maps in editor....

I have latest drivers and reinstaling driver didnt solve this problem.....Im really pissed off of this error.... Angry

I think this started happening to me when i updated my graphic drivers to new....Before 1 or 2 or 3 months i havent this problem....so i really need help because i cant work on my custom story effective until i fix this shitty problem... Undecided

(and again..sorry for my english)

SOLUTION: " AMD CATALYST 12.4"
what catalyst do you have? The scripting issue cannot be answered here. Post it at the suitable subforum.
Already i have 12.7 beta...and ok..i later create new thread for script problem. Angel
no beta, install the latest stable Catalyst suite
It was happening on 12.6 too...too on later version...

And i forgot to say, that i can creating maps in hps editor but in 10-30minutes i get driver error...In rare situations i didnt get error few hours...

I think the new drivers are not very compatible with the editor....
so install older ones
but older versions are worse than the newer....It is a bad fix, but probably the only...... Sad

I wonder if anyone has the same problem as me.
i sent message to amd...hoppefully they fix my problem in next version of catalyst...
yeah i get the same thing problem, it has only started to happen recently.
(08-02-2012, 08:06 PM)zaggnut Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i get the same thing problem, it has only started to happen recently.
that's weird.......hopefully new catalyst 12.7 fix the problem... Sad
Pages: 1 2