Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: SERIOUS graphics glitch. (with YouTube video)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a serious graphics problem with Penumbra Overture. I posted a video on YouTube so you can see what i'm seeing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGboBwRWA...e=youtu.be

Here are my specs:A DELL Inspiron 546 Desktop, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Card, a Windows 7 64 bit operating system, 6.00 GB RAM and an AMD Athlon II X3 425 Processor @ 2.70 GHz.

Amnesia: TDD works fine, by the way. Thanks for your help!
Wow... well if you downloaded it via steam do an integrity check (google it) and do the basic stuff like...

*Update your drivers (mainly the GPU driver but if you want check others)
*After restarting the game does the issue persist?
(07-28-2012, 02:27 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]Wow... well if you downloaded it via steam do an integrity check (google it) and do the basic stuff like...

*Update your drivers (mainly the GPU driver but if you want check others)
*After restarting the game does the issue persist?
I tried both of those and neither worked Sad. When I restart the game usually the problem changes, the graphics are glitched out in different places, still really glitchy. I bought the game from frictiongames' website. Any other solutions?
Do you have the settings in Penumbra maxed out? if you do try adjusting them and seeing if any thing changes.
(07-28-2012, 02:52 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the settings in Penumbra maxed out? if you do try adjusting them and seeing if any thing changes.
I have them nearly totally minimized. Still nothing....
^No what I meant is try lowering them down a bit to see if that helps any thing. I know I am grasping at straws here but it wont hurt to try :p
(07-28-2012, 03:19 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]^No what I meant is try lowering them down a bit to see if that helps any thing. I know I am grasping at straws here but it wont hurt to try :p
Alright i'll give it a try. Smile

(07-28-2012, 03:22 AM)robtheawesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2012, 03:19 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]^No what I meant is try lowering them down a bit to see if that helps any thing. I know I am grasping at straws here but it wont hurt to try :p
Alright i'll give it a try. Smile
It worked!!! Thank you SO much! Should've thought of that earlier. Thanks again. Smile
^No problem Smile glad I could help