Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Untitled Modern TC [WIP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wanted to start a WIP thread that I could add to. I decided to start approaching modelling in a more serious fashion. These are my first models I've seen start to finish entirely, including texturing. I've been thinking about a custom story for a while now. I think a modern environment would look very nice in the hlp2 engine.

Anyway, below is a SS around the starting area of the first map. I have a few name ideas floating through my head but I'm still undecided. All models and textures are custom (other than a borrowed skybox texture) Smile The only thing that hasn't changed since the 1800's is pretty much rocks. I have some more content made but I don't want to show everything off just yet. Tongue

I might consider teaming up with someone to actually be able to release content. At the rate I'm going, it will be at least another month until the first area is completed. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Spoiler below!
[Image: spawnz.jpg]
I have to say, even though the screenshot doesn't show much, I'm quite impressed! Unfortunately I already have my current project to work on (plus I can't even model :\ ) so I can't really help, but I'll be looking forward to seeing how this comes out.
I agree with Kman, I'll keep my eye on you! Big Grin good job
Lantern + Street Lights = Accurate perception of the time period Tongue

All kidding aside though, this looks kinda cool.
Hah. I can not stress WIP enough. I plan to have a flashlight of sorts as a mobile light source.
I really like feel you get just by looking at the image. reminds me of the feeling of being out walking home at midnight
*feeling
Oh how some of us hate the lovely "edit" button...
[Image: ss-dark.jpg]
Looks good, good luck Smile
Pages: 1 2