Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Favourite books?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
On topic, I'm a massive fan of the books Oryx and Crake and A Clockwork Orange.
(07-30-2012, 07:39 PM)Chronofox Wrote: [ -> ]On topic, I'm a massive fan of the books Oryx and Crake and A Clockwork Orange.
I've been thinking about reading A Clockwork Orange since I really liked the movie. But from what I've heard it is an extremly dificoult book to read since the writer uses a strange kind of english.
The first ten pages will confuse you to no end. Afterwards, you'll be moreso fascinated and dazzled by the language use. It is precisely the language in the novel that makes the book so interesting (the movie pales in comparison)
(07-31-2012, 12:27 AM)Chronofox Wrote: [ -> ]The first ten pages will confuse you to no end. Afterwards, you'll be moreso fascinated and dazzled by the language use. It is precisely the language in the novel that makes the book so interesting (the movie pales in comparison)
I'll make sure to read it then Smile
Does it include the Droogs, Ludwig Van and the old in and out? Big Grin
I personally like the Eragon books best. They're long, but the storyline builds up nicely and it plays upon your emotions well when dramatic, sad, or tense moments happen.
Carole King's new memoir, A Natural Woman.
Play Call of Gods for Free Now and become the ultimate god, dominating the fantasy world.
Potter, LotR, A Song of Ice and Fire (started reading the third book yesterday), that kind of stuff. Then there was Stephen King's Buick 8 which I read when I was young, it was pretty damn good, Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code was good too. I don't read a lot though.
I also think Eragon's a jerk. In fact, almost every character in the novels is a jerk.
I ordered this beauty an hour ago... can't wait!

[Image: necro-go.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5