Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Section C - How to use the access code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found the blank note and was able to read the code using the UV light however now I am back at Section C I cannot work out how to use it. I have found a door (but can't see it) which needs the code but there is no visible keypad and selecting the blank note doesn't get me through. Please help! Thanks
I believe you have to go to the door, click on the "open door" icon (on the door obviously), click on that and a numpad will pop up. Then just enter the code and you will be in a new area.
Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:I believe you have to go to the door, click on the "open door" icon (on the door obviously), click on that and a numpad will pop up. Then just enter the code and you will be in a new area.

Thanks for the confirmation that something should be happening (sanity check!!). The problem still exists however that when I click on the open door icon the numpad doesn't appear. I am using a MAC OS so I wonder whether this is a glitch?? Any ideas??
Are you at the right door? The door should be located in a room with 3 large rows of shelf and a fence in-front of the wall where the door is and there is also a fence cage of some sort.
jens Wrote:Are you at the right door? The door should be located in a room with 3 large rows of shelf and a fence in-front of the wall where the door is and there is also a fence cage of some sort.

I think so.....It's the only door I have found in that room (apart from the one leading to the lit side room with the med cabinet); and the message that appears includes "I'll need the code I suppose..." so I am guessing I am i the right place??//?. Thanks for any help - I've been stuck here for ages!!!
Can you take a screenshot of the door? The F8 key is screenshot key.
jens Wrote:Can you take a screenshot of the door? The F8 key is screenshot key.

The door isn't visible - like most objects in the room which are obscured. I have discovered it by moving around the walls - I get the door entry icon but when I click on it I get the message but no keypad.
To get by this section, could you try and go into options graphics and set Shader to Very Low and then see if the door is visible.
jens Wrote:To get by this section, could you try and go into options graphics and set Shader to Very Low and then see if the door is visible.

Just tried this. The room is not obscured by grey anymore (it is now black) and certain objects can still be seen clearly e.g. boxes, however the door on the RHS is still not visible although I do get the door open icon and the message about the code
Hmm really odd. Have you had any other odd graphical problems with the game prior to this room with the door?

Please take a screen of the room so that we can see what it looks like, might give a hint on whats wrong.

You could also try to uninstall and install the game again incase some file is corrupted(this will not delete the saved games so no worries about that)
Pages: 1 2