Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Monsters constantly distracted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
So I've got a problem where the monsters I deploy just can't understand when the sounds are coming from the player or the map. I'll explain; my problem is that I have sounds in the background playing randomly, for example a few door-slams. They play around every 20th second. Each time they play though, the brute tries to go to it's location (which is far up in the air, on an Area), and just acts weird. Is there any way to fix this, maybe make the sounds not trigger hearing?
This would fix so many things for me. Tongue

Thanks!
Bumple
You have the Nodes (So monsters can move around. Check the Amnesia maps if your not sure what I'm talking about.) sparingly spread out, right?

Wasn't aware that monsters reacted to sounds from areas either, interesting.
I have nodes aplenty, and everything seems fine except this constant distraction. Undecided
I think there is a way to make the sound only to be heard by the player. Then the creatures should not be able to hear the sound. I'm at work right now so I cannot nor do I have the time to look it up and check. Hopefully someone else will help you soon.

Seragath
(08-03-2012, 12:02 PM)Seragath Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is a way to make the sound only to be heard by the player. Then the creatures should not be able to hear the sound. I'm at work right now so I cannot nor do I have the time to look it up and check. Hopefully someone else will help you soon.

Seragath
That would be very, very useful!
PlayGuiSound("player_cough.snt", 0.7f);
(08-06-2012, 04:14 AM)Harthex Wrote: [ -> ]PlayGuiSound("player_cough.snt", 0.7f);
Oh, perhaps Harthex knows the solution?
Okay, it seems I found the solution, actually. It's something very weird, in my opinion.
Anyway, to avoid enemies hearing sounds that you want to play randomly, you just have to put a decimal number onto afFadeTime (in PlaySoundAtEntity)(I used 0.1 seconds).
It's indeed weird, but worked for me nonetheless. Marking as solved.
send me a file of the map and hps, ill fix it