Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Level Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i try to use my lever door my amnesia crashes saying "could not load map file"
But on my amnesia level editor when i click the door and then go to entity and then where it says map file i selected my second map which has a level door and a spawn point. So i dont know whats wrong. do i have to script so i can teleport to the other map?
Click you level_door and also add in the "StartPos" it's most likely "PlayerStartArea_1". And make sure you have the exact name of you map in "MapFile" and put ".map" in the end.
Also make sure you have a .hps file for your second map
Yeah the MapFile thing has the same name of the other map and the PlayerStartArea too. The second map has a .hps file and a level door and a startarea so i dont know what is wrong
I really don't know could you give us some pics or somethign from where You have your stuff filled in :\
All you need is a second map and a start pos. If you have those, then all it can possibly be is a spelling error (assuming you have your maps in the right folders).
(08-03-2012, 06:13 PM)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't know could you give us some pics or somethign from where You have your stuff filled in :\
cant take a pic but im going to copy and paste what it says on the things
'
1st map: The Deception
MapFile:The Deception 2.map
StartPosTonguelayerStartArea_1

2nd map:The Deception 2
MapFile:The Deception.map
StartPosTonguelayerStartArea_2
don't use spaces, try underscores, ---> _

Make it "The_Deception" "The_Decption_2.map" etc.
(08-03-2012, 07:41 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: [ -> ]don't use spaces, try underscores, ---> _

now it says "could not load world file" Undecided
Wait but The Deception 2.map has to be in the same folder with The Deception.map? or in different folders?
(08-03-2012, 07:45 PM)tokugawa1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2012, 07:41 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: [ -> ]don't use spaces, try underscores, ---> _

now it says "could not load world file" Undecided
Wait but The Deception 2.map has to be in the same folder with The Deception.map? or in different folders?
ok i fixed it