Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Should I buy Penumbra?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I finished A:TDD like one and a half year ago and I loved it. Now I want to get scared again, so which Penumbra game should I buy? Or should I buy both?
Yes! You should definitely buy Penumbra.

The first one sets up the story, but isn't nearly as scary as the second. (Although it does have its moments.) I'd recommend you buy both though, since the second one is a direct sequel to the first.
Once you play Black Plague, you'll know exactly why Amnesia turned out the way it did.
I recommend not purchasing the third one unless you feel a little bit unrealistic parkour.
(08-04-2012, 01:27 AM)Harthex Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend not purchasing the third one unless you feel a little bit unrealistic parkour.

On steam I think it is sold in a 3 pack...

Yep: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1451/

I bought that one Big Grin it is worth it.
(08-04-2012, 04:51 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2012, 01:27 AM)Harthex Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend not purchasing the third one unless you feel a little bit unrealistic parkour.

On steam I think it is sold in a 3 pack...

Yep: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1451/

I bought that one Big Grin it is worth it.
Since when was there a three pack? I only got the last two in a gold edition.
Yes, you should buy and play Penumbra.

Many, many people disliked Requiem, personally I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Penumbra is better than Amnesia, but most people will jsut recognize that when playing Penumbra first. Because this is why they look at every single detail Amnesia doesn't have.

The first Penumbra (Overture) is the best in my opinion. It's not scary like the second (Black Plague) but it is by far the better experience. More tricky physic puzzles, better part of story etc.

But you should definitely buy the Collection with all three Penumbras.
But be sure to play it in correct order:

1. Overture
2. Black Plague
3. Requiem

Don't pick up just the scariest. All three are scary and have only ONE story.
Black Plague is as good as Amnesia, imo Smile
Pages: 1 2