Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [SOLVED] Weird texture problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I am very new to these tools, i just installed them today. I tried to make a simple wall according to tutorial videos but my wall looks weird. The texture of it is completely black even if i use lights. Also when i rotates the camera it shows misplaced and strange textures. Here a few pics so you can see what i mean. I would appreciate some help, preferable using simple, ordinary words, because i'm not english and i'm not a pro developer either. Thanks.

[Image: gqqt0f2if7cys6638ln8.jpg]
[Image: tpqf96pb5mdyins14j8a.jpg]
Seems you didn't unwrap the model properly, go back to whichever 3D modeling package you're using and preform a UVW unwrap.
I didn't make the model, this is the default wall with the default texture. I just tried to put a wall, like in this video at 02:50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZpohmvaL68 and it looks like this. Also at the right side where you choose the model, mines are completely black, while it should be colored.
I fixed it. Needed to update my graphic card driver.