Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: StartPlayerLookAt does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this is my script:

Code:
void OnStart()

{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScriptArea_4", "capitoloz", true, 1);
}

void void capitoloz(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
AddTimer("", 1, "capitolo0");
SetPlayerActive(false);
}

void capitolo0(string &in asTimer)
{
PreloadSound("impact_glass_high.snt");
StartPlayerLookAt("home", 1, 1, "capitolo01");
}

void capitolo01(string &in asParient, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
AddTimer("", 4.0f, "capitolo02");
StopPlayerLookAt();
}

When the player passes the area of script, the layer freezes, but does not look at the object in question, plus also the void capitolo01 does not work
This belongs in development support, make sure to post these kinds of questions there in the future.

Moved.
StartPlayerLookAt("home", 1, 1, "capitolo01");

what is home in the level editor?
(08-06-2012, 06:55 PM)ZereboO Wrote: [ -> ]StartPlayerLookAt("home", 1, 1, "capitolo01");

what is home in the level editor?
[Image: t9w9zt.jpg]

this
thats the problem.

I dont think you can use StartPlayerLookAt on a Zimmer hause

It only works with entites that the player can move in-game
I changed entity and now the player looks at him, but the void capitolo01 still does not work .... why?
I changed entity and now the player looks at him, but the void capitolo01 still does not work .... why?

Do you mean that the player wont stop looking?
(08-06-2012, 07:11 PM)Lake Wrote: [ -> ]I changed entity and now the player looks at him, but the void capitolo01 still does not work .... why?

Because you have the wrong callback syntax.
I've never made the look-callback work. I would add another timer and make that call capitolo01
(08-06-2012, 07:11 PM)Lake Wrote: [ -> ]I changed entity and now the player looks at him, but the void capitolo01 still does not work .... why?
use this syntax

(string& asEntityName, float afSpeedMul, float afMaxSpeed, string& asAtTargetCallback);
Pages: 1 2