Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Slow Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a HP Pavilion dv6-6170 notebook, with AMD A6-3400M Quad Core Processor with Radeon HD 6755g2 Crossfire Graphics(max memory of 3000something Mb) and 4 Gb RAM. My specs should be enough to confotably run the game with all FX and configurations at max. Still, the game plays very slow. I know there's the troubleshooting thread for dv6 HP, however, I felt it wasn't much clear, as the fixed option wasn't present in my BIOS, which is the latest update... Can anyone help me?
(08-07-2012, 12:18 AM)Chronofox Wrote: [ -> ][url]http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx[/url]
CYRI Doesn't work at all.
If you modified the settings, set them to regular high to make sure you are not trying to run the game with too high SSAO settings or similar.

Reading this page, http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-...278.0.html, I think it is safe to say that OpenGL games are not supported properly by this graphics solution. Amnesia is an OpenGL game.
you can always try the demo
Thank you for the help guys... Well, about CYRI, it did say the game could be played.... However, dropping settings to regular high did the job. I'll play around with the options and see what might be affecting the performance.

Well, after some testing, I confirmed that running the game with everything set to the highest except for SSAO Resolution and Samples, which I kept at regular high wouldn't affect performance, while changing those last options would noticeably knock it now. Now, what is SSAO and how much would the changes I didn't make affect graphic quality?
disable SSAO
Well, putting it at regular high is enough for the game to run normally. But what I'd like to know is what is SSAO and the difference between regular high and custom high...
(08-08-2012, 08:12 PM)Cavernous4 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, putting it at regular high is enough for the game to run normally. But what I'd like to know is what is SSAO and the difference between regular high and custom high...
Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, it's a shading technique.

Creates results like this

[Image: Screen_space_ambient_occlusion.jpg]