Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Halp! QAQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everyone~! Ok, so I'm having some issues. I bought Amnesia from Steam a bit back (not that long ago). But I seem to be having some... lag/frame drop/ floor graphics issues.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501. I also have ATO Radeon Xpress Series graphics card. Even when I put EVERYTHING on lowest setting, I get lag (at the main menu and during the game) but when I pause in the middle of the game, it doesn't lag at all.
When I'm walking, the floor seems to come up. It's very annoying. I just want to play the game in peace. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it a while lot! Big Grin
-Nat
Whilst I'm not very much of a tech support person I'd suggest you try updating your graphics card drivers, if this does not work I'd guess your card is not powerfull enough to run the game.
(08-07-2012, 07:51 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Whilst I'm not very much of a tech support person I'd suggest you try updating your graphics card drivers, if this does not work I'd guess your card is not powerfull enough to run the game.
I have the updated drivers. Tongue I was really hoping to play. :C
I asume this is the card you're using? http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/c...-1100.aspx

It seems to be fairly weak, however wait for a proper reply from someone whom is more knowledgeable in the subject than I.
Make sure the game is updated to the latest possible version within Steam. Try the latest graphics card drivers. The desktop ATI X series cards can run the game with the latest catalyst 10.2 which was made available for them but the laptop ones I don't think so...