Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Favourite Video Game Plot?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since I treat video games much as an art form, I do play a lot of games for their story. In fact, I find that video games can be even more immersive than films or books when it comes to telling a story, since you have direct control over the characters.

Spoiler below!
One of the reasons why I like Frictional Games so much is because their games, especially the Penumbra series, are very plot heavy that raise a lot of interesting philosophical questions and inquiries. I noticed that Amnesia had an "obedience to authority" theme going on, as Daniel's unquestioning following of Alexander's orders can be quite easily paralleled to Philip's statement in Requiem that returning to humanity (boat ending) is no different than joining the Tuurngait hivemind. Clearly the makers of this game know and have read about Milgram's experiments.

Anyways what's your favourite video game plot?
Half-Life saga.
To The Moon, only game, movie, book, etc. that's ever actually made me cry.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Mass Effect series..uhh the ending of the third one never happened.
Bioshock, Amnesia and Penumbra.
Definitely Majora's Mask. I've yet to see a game with a more unique and original storyline. My favorite part is probably the fact that when you first see/hear about the game, it looks very harmless and cheerful. But the more you dig into the plot, the more demented everything becomes. I actually learned something very recently about the game's plot that legitimately disturbed the shit out of me.
Modern warfare (just kidding)

Probably Planescape Torment.
Final Fantasy 7
[Image: 250px-Super_Mario_Bros._box.png]

DAT PLOT.
Pages: 1 2 3