Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [split] Exception access violation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear All,

I seem to have the same issue as well, so here's my information:

1) Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
2) The laptop is an Acer Aspire 6935G running with NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT/PCI/SSE2
3) HPL.log attached below.
4) I've tried the following solutions:

- Updating the graphics card.
- Uninstalling + reinstalling Amnesia.
- Resetting files by deleting "main_setting.cfg" and restarting.
- Running at the lowest resolutions + removing SSAO and Edgesmooth (by default)
- Shutting down other programs (The thing is, it worked perfectly yesterday without me having to do this).

The consistent error popping on BlackBox seems to be something to do with NVIDIA's GL driver because the error always has something to do with "nvoglv32.dll". The thing is I'm not sure how to continue from that point onwards.

Thanks for all your help!

Best wishes,
Dusty
what nvidia driver version do you have installed?
The NVIDIA driver version I installed is is 7.15.11.7626. Based on the operating system, this is their latest version. This was also the one I already have and re-installed because it might've been a driver error. That didn't work.

If I'm not using NVIDIA, I could uninstall and also use an Intel 7.13.10.1527 or an ATI 8.479.1.1. I don't know the exact drivers for those two until I install them. Additionally, I could upgrade the Operating System to Windows 7. Would that be a good way to try things?

Thanks again,

Best,
Dusty
What??? You have Nvidia, not Intel nor AMD. The latest driver is this one: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-wi...river.html