Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Hotel Smoke - a Detective's Story (Coming soon)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a project I'm working on, I can't say the release date (yet).

In ''Hotel Smoke - a Detective's Story'' you play as ex-detective Melvin van Dutch.

Melvin heard about "Hotel Smoke" but never payed much attention to it. He didn't care about what strange noises guests heard at night. He also didn't care that the guests witnessed some horrific events at night. ''Its probably to attract guests or something, spreading phony rumours how pathatic.'' Melvin thought.

Until, he hears the rumour that a murder took place at the old hotel 2 weeks ago, which caught his interest. Melvin's detective instincts were killing him, he was thinking about it all day, and all night. He decided to pay Hotel Smoke a visit. He parked his car in front of the hotel which was located in the middle of nowhere. He stands in front of the door, ''Here goes'' he thought, and went through it. The old doors from Hotel Smoke screeched open. ''I already checked in by phone, so I guess I'll just go straight to my room and wait until it's night, the key is probably inside my room. Ah what the hell I am just staying here for 1 day so who cares anyways.''

Melvin walked in and had his mind on one thing: ''Check out the stupid rumours, solve this murder, check out and get the hell away from this place.''
As he walked in, Melvin thought:''This place seems to be empty.. but if it is empty, why do I hear footsteps? And why do I have the feeling that I'm being watched..?''

The Hotel is famous for its old furniture, the nice rooms and of course, the exciting rumours. Can you verify the rumours? What's the deal with this place at night and can you solve this murder?

Find it out at ''Hotel Smoke: a Detective's Story'' coming soon!

[Image: wTNL1.png] [Image: aclMx.jpg]
[Image: xX3kv.png]
Interesting premise! Now's only whether you posses the skills and means required to fully deliver! Sounds like it's gonna be one hell to script...
One: Ban Pewdiepie from ever uploading videos of this map!
Two: Delete all barrels, chairs, suits of armor, and golden statues from the map. It's just not worth the risk.
(08-16-2012, 11:01 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]One: Ban Pewdiepie from ever uploading videos of this map!
Two: Delete all barrels, chairs, suits of armor, and golden statues from the map. It's just not worth the risk.
The hate... xD

you forgot the "piggies"...
I'm not trying to hate; in fact, it is my duty as a self-respecting human being to try and help this custom story. The first(and most important) way to do that is by warning you about the idiots 'that kind' of commercializing could get you. That and if I see one more story degraded by "Stephano!" I think I'll kill myself.

At least nail all the chairs to the ground. . . Please?
(08-16-2012, 11:01 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]One: Ban Pewdiepie from ever uploading videos of this map!
I'll do whatever I want. If it fits the theme, I'll add it. And I don't care if Pewdiepie plays this. If people want to play with barrels, suits of armor or golden statues instead of playing the game/story. It's their loss, not mine.

(08-16-2012, 11:01 PM)Theforgot3n1 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting premise! Now's only whether you posses the skills and means required to fully deliver! Sounds like it's gonna be one hell to script...
If the story is great, and you have enough creativity to make things exactly how it is in your mind. Then it's all going to be alot easier Smile.
3rd screenshot:

-Use a gobo (make sure it's not backwards)
-Color the spotlight appropriately
-Add a Point light on the window frame, slightly darker than the spot light

The above is pretty much the bare minimum for good looking windows. Depending on your skill level with the editor, add billboards (only if you know how to use them properly, bad looking billboards can look really bad in game).
(08-16-2012, 11:44 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: [ -> ]3rd screenshot:

-Use a gobo (make sure it's not backwards)
-Color the spotlight appropriately
-Add a Point light on the window frame, slightly darker than the spot light

The above is pretty much the bare minimum for good looking windows. Depending on your skill level with the editor, add billboards (only if you know how to use them properly, bad looking billboards can look really bad in game).
Thanks, I'll check it out and see if I can make it better. And of course, I'm not going to add anything if it looks bad Tongue
very nice! i can not wait to see more!
Title says it all.

I'm still working on this custom story, get's better with the day.

I think this hallway looks pretty creepy. The blood on the ground makes you aware of danger, something happened here but what?
The darkness at the end of the hallway makes things mysterious, I think the lights help with that mysterious effect.

I know it is only one picture, but still.

What do you guys think of it?
Pages: 1 2