Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was the site down yesterday?
(08-18-2012, 01:31 PM)GoranGaming Wrote: [ -> ]Was the site down yesterday?
It seems like it. I couldn't go to the Amnesia, Penumbra, or any of Frictional's websites.
We were old school and had a dedicated server, which had a harddrive failure yesterday morning. Initially we waited on the providers to rescue the server, but as they failed we did what we have meant to be doing for quite some time.. that is to move the server into the mysterious cloud.

As we had to rush it, if you find any strange problems with the server, please let me know!
Ok, I will let you know if I find some Smile
(08-18-2012, 01:45 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]we did what we have meant to be doing for quite some time.. that is to move the server into the mysterious cloud.
I'm not computer savvy enough to understand what you mean...

I'm gonna assume you attached a ballon to the server and now it's floating somewhere in the heavens...
(08-18-2012, 11:21 PM)spukrian Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not computer savvy enough to understand what you mean...

I'm gonna assume you attached a ballon to the server and now it's floating somewhere in the heavens...

Look up cloud computing.
(08-18-2012, 11:21 PM)spukrian Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2012, 01:45 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]we did what we have meant to be doing for quite some time.. that is to move the server into the mysterious cloud.
I'm not computer savvy enough to understand what you mean...

Frictional Games are taking the Pirate Bay aproach to the whole server thing. But instead of renting airspace in Greece, why not launch the servers into orbit?
Jens gave it all to steam.

Meaning the development of HPL>3< will now stop.
(08-18-2012, 11:56 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Jens gave it all to steam.

They will now focus on making hats and other dlc
(08-18-2012, 11:56 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Jens gave it all to steam.

*Twitch*
Pages: 1 2