Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: I have no mouth and I must scream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have you guys heard about this science-fiction horror story?
The story takes place 109 years after the complete destruction of human civilization. Mastercomputer AM has killed everyone except 5 people, which he keeps alive and tortures...forever. You can read it from here.
Studio called Dreamer's Guild also made a video game based on it in 1995. Game is psychological horror point-and-click game, so I think you guys will be interested. I have no mouth and I must scream intro
Yeah, I always thought it was the shit, especially how stupendous the expression is. Then the game, oh shit, it has the greatest voice-acting I've ever heard. If I was to be tortured forever, I might begin to act like a masochist, "Oh yeah! Tell me how much you hate me! Tell me I'm filth, scum; the tiniest speck on the pimple on the butt of the smallest ameba, perhaps?"
Hmm... No, I have not heard of this story.

But that title reminds me of that one scene in the first Matrix movie.
(08-18-2012, 07:35 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... No, I have not heard of this story.

But that title reminds me of that one scene in the first Matrix movie.
You mean; The only Matrix movie? The other ones didn't happen! We will not discuss them! They don't exist!
I quite enjoyed Reloaded as I think it built up to a decent climax. The last one, though....
I never read the story, but I played the game a few years ago and loved it. Only bad thing I remember about it is, it's so extremely riddled with bugs that you pretty much have to use a walkthrough. Because even a simple thing like picking up items in the wrong order can make the game go into a bug frenzy and become entirely unsolvable... dunno though, maybe there's a patched version available somewhere?
(08-18-2012, 11:55 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: [ -> ]I never read the story, but I played the game a few years ago and loved it. Only bad thing I remember about it is, it's so extremely riddled with bugs that you pretty much have to use a walkthrough. Because even a simple thing like picking up items in the wrong order can make the game go into a bug frenzy and become entirely unsolvable... dunno though, maybe there's a patched version available somewhere?
It's a cult game, so most definitely.
Actually, I kinda liked the last one. The ending was kinda "Wtf, why?"'ish but I liked when Keanu gets his eyes destroyed >: )
Awesome game, played it last year with an emulator! I especially like the voice acting and the locations in the game.

The book "I have no mouth and i must scream" written by Harlan Ellison seems to be quite succesful!
I'll probably read it someday
Where I heard that title before?
Pages: 1 2