Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Grab entities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to grab and rotate entities via script?
Well, you could probably fake it with invisible ropes and out-of-view wheel entities, or create a prop animation. Otherwise, i doubt it.
hmm Then I have to make ropes invisible by model editor...
I hope it will be different in hpl3.
I want to script, that the player takes a brick and destroy a window.
Otherwise he only jumps out.
(08-21-2012, 10:22 PM)ooadrianoo Wrote: [ -> ]I want to script, that the player takes a brick and destroy a window.

That's different than what you were asking. This is can be done without a script. Certain entity types have the ability to "break" when an object with certain force is thrown at it.
Entities -> obstacles -> mb_window_noglass
Entities -> Special -> mansionbase_large_window_breakable

Combine these two and you can break the window by throwing things at it. It might be that you have to use bigger items than a brick, for example a chair.
This is not the problem, it should be completely scriptet.

(08-21-2012, 10:31 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2012, 10:22 PM)ooadrianoo Wrote: [ -> ]I want to script, that the player takes a brick and destroy a window.

That's different than what you were asking. This is can be done without a script. Certain entity types have the ability to "break" when an object with certain force is thrown at it.
But I don't want do this without a script.
(08-21-2012, 10:43 PM)ooadrianoo Wrote: [ -> ]But I don't want do this without a script.

But if the player is supposed to do it, why not have the player do it?
It will be done completely in a script! The player hasn't got any controls.
The brick should be take up in a script, but I see it, it is not possible.

(Sorry for my bad language, I am from germany)
How about:

*Standing in front of window*
SetPlayerActive(false);
Then put the brick on a blockbox.
Give the brick some AddPropForce
and remove the blockbox.
(08-21-2012, 10:43 PM)ooadrianoo Wrote: [ -> ]This is not the problem, it should be completely scriptet.

(08-21-2012, 10:31 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]

But I don't want do this without a script.
This may seem hard for you, but without a script, it is a lot easier. Trust me.

But if you want to go for the script, then go for it! Nobody's holding you back.
Pages: 1 2