Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Level Editor crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
fasfasfafasdasdasdzvzvzxzvzvzvx
Something is wrong with certain files, according to the log. You can open other maps? Like, let's say the maps from Amnesia. Try that. IF it still crashes, then your download may be corrupted.
Other maps work just fine, only the ones from this particular custom story don't seem to work.
(08-25-2012, 08:05 PM)SonicRainbrony Wrote: [ -> ]Other maps work just fine, only the ones from this particular custom story don't seem to work.
Download this file. Place it into the folder where "Amnesia.exe" resides in. Do an overwrite (it will ask you).

Here = [attachment=3291]

I ain't sure if this works, but download this file, then try re-opening those maps. If it works, then that was the problem.

EDIT: Cool name BTW.
I don't remember tampering with the original resources, just the ones for my total conversion... Oh well, accidents might happen, worth the try I guess.

EDIT: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? There was no resources.cfg...

EDIT#2: Yet it still crashes. The second developer has reported the same problem.
(08-25-2012, 08:12 PM)SonicRainbrony Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember tampering with the original resources, just the ones for my total conversion... Oh well, accidents might happen, worth the try I guess.

EDIT: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? There was no resources.cfg...
Are you sure you placed it in the right directory? The "redist" folder that contains "Amnesia.exe", or "Launcher.exe".

EDIT: Try opening those maps now.
I am running from steam, there is no redist folder, I know the folder structure though, I was in the wrong folder (configs, fml, I always forget the resources.cfg is located elsewhere)
(08-25-2012, 08:17 PM)SonicRainbrony Wrote: [ -> ]I am running from steam, there is no redist folder, I know the folder structure though, I was in the wrong folder (configs, fml, I always forget the resources.cfg is located elsewhere)
Dunno about steam directories, but try running those maps now. Be sure the "resources.cfg" is in the same place as "Amnesia.exe" is. Otherwise, it might not work.
Amnesia hates me, still crashes.
(08-25-2012, 08:21 PM)SonicRainbrony Wrote: [ -> ]Amnesia hates me, still crashes.
I dunno then. Try a "verify cache integrity" or something like that from Steam. I'm just throwing this out there.

If that doesn't work, try re-downloading the custom story files. Did you download the editor from here = http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tools/start

Just replace all files that may need to be, except for "resources.cfg" if it asks.

Or you can send me those maps so that I can check them.
Pages: 1 2 3