Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Bad sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After compilation, the game has a bad sound. Compiled with the help of this guide. Because of what kind of sound? Uploaded file Penumbra.exe.
P.S. Sorry for my english. I am Russian.
Boris was here =D
What kind of bad sound? sounds like you either need to upgrade the ogg/vorbis libs or openal.
I can't even understand. Something about bad sound, but what kind of? Without more details, peeps can't help.
(08-26-2012, 06:24 PM)Urkle Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of bad sound? sounds like you either need to upgrade the ogg/vorbis libs or openal.
The problem is that if you open the original Penumbra all is normal. But if I open the version the sound hisses. I'll try to update them.

(08-26-2012, 08:35 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]I can't even understand. Something about bad sound, but what kind of? Without more details, peeps can't help.

I can not properly explain in English. Possible that I made ​​a video game with the sound?

(08-27-2012, 09:48 PM)AniFox Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2012, 08:35 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]I can't even understand. Something about bad sound, but what kind of? Without more details, peeps can't help.

I can not properly explain in English. Possible that I made ​​a video game with the sound?
you mean, if it's possible to make and upload a video of the game to show the sound? o.o that's probably the best thing you could do ;)
probably it would be enough to upload only the sound to soundcloud or something, but you can also just upload a complete video.

if you meant something else, could you explain what? >.>

edit: oh, ok, already uploaded it. (if you're wondering why i don't answer to your question, i don't know much about the internal things of the HPL-Engine, sorry._.) but i have to notice, that i don't really hear anything wrong, except the intro music. or do you mean that very quiet scratching? sounds like a very low bufferrate... maybe it's completely wrong, but i now that issue from cubase, while i tried software-monitoring.
Ahh. ok.. It is most likely low buffers for OGG Streaming. in a later update to OALWrapper the buffer code changed slightly so instead of being the a multiplier (e.g 8) it needed an actual size (e.g. 65536).

So if you look at the source in sources/game/Game.cpp you'll see where StreamBufferSize is defaulted to 128.. that needs to be changed to something like 32K or 64K. Also you'll need to make those changes in the PenumbraOverture source in Init.cpp where the StreamBufferSize is defaulted to 64.
(08-28-2012, 01:52 AM)Urkle Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh. ok.. It is most likely low buffers for OGG Streaming. in a later update to OALWrapper the buffer code changed slightly so instead of being the a multiplier (e.g 8) it needed an actual size (e.g. 65536).

So if you look at the source in sources/game/Game.cpp you'll see where StreamBufferSize is defaulted to 128.. that needs to be changed to something like 32K or 64K. Also you'll need to make those changes in the PenumbraOverture source in Init.cpp where the StreamBufferSize is defaulted to 64.
Thank you very much) Now everything is fine)

Спасибо)