Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Daniel's Thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi. I've been reading a lot of fan fiction for Amnesia and decided to try out my own. It takes place with Daniel going through Brennenburg Castle like in TDD, but with his thoughts and emotions clarified instead of the mute Daniel we all know and love as the protagonist in the game. I'll post different parts as documents in WordPad as attachments. You can find the entries below.

(00) Prologue

(01) The Rainy Hall
(02) The Old Archives
(03_ The Entrance Hall 1
(04) The Archives
(05) The Entrance Hall 2
(06) The Wine Cellar
(07) The Entrance Hall 3
(08) The Laboratory

Parts will be uploaded and linked daily. When my fanfiction.net account has been activated, they will also be posted there. New parts are posted daily.
It's really descriptive and good, would really like to see more, although to cover the whole game, it seems like a lot, but I will be looking forward to your writing.
(08-26-2012, 02:53 AM)raptorhunter6 Wrote: [ -> ]It's really descriptive and good, would really like to see more, although to cover the whole game, it seems like a lot, but I will be looking forward to your writing.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to hear it's good and I'll work on it some more around tomorrow.
I know this has nothing to do with the question but anyone who could answer will recieve awesome points from me, could someone tell me how to ask my own questions on here?
(08-26-2012, 03:05 AM)trollinglikeabawss Wrote: [ -> ]I know this has nothing to do with the question but anyone who could answer will recieve awesome points from me, could someone tell me how to ask my own questions on here?
Step 1: Troll like a bawss.
Step 2: Repeat step 1-2.
He's not mute. A quarter of the game is spent listening to him talk and by the end his character is well established. The reason why he doesn't speak during the game is because it breaks immersion and he never really needs to speak apart from the short Agrippa section (which was a bit immersion-breaking for not having Daniel speak actually).
(08-26-2012, 09:48 AM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]He's not mute. A quarter of the game is spent listening to him talk and by the end his character is well established. The reason why he doesn't speak during the game is because it breaks immersion and he never really needs to speak apart from the short Agrippa section (which was a bit immersion-breaking for not having Daniel speak actually).
I can see your point. The flashbacks do contribute to his character and development, as well as the diaries, notes, and whatnot.
He actually does speak, just not that the Player can hear. When Agrippa ask's for Daniel's name, he answers(Because Agrippa finds out his name is Daniel, and remarks about it). I dunno why he doesn't actually have a voice in that though. I'm assuming it was a design decision, not just because it was easier. Frictional doesn't strike me as the kind of company to do things the "easy" way.
Well done, brother!
The Rainy Hall has been added to the list of entries.
Pages: 1 2 3