Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: I think something should be done with all the fan-made stories posted here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just recently I've seen the top of the front page of this forum covered with fanfiction stories made by users of the frictional games community and I feel that something should be done, because making a thread for one story seems like spam in my opinion (No offence to anyone).

I have nothing against users making their fanfiction stories, it is fine to share them with everyone else but it should be done in one thread, one main thread only for the sharing of fan-made stories and opinions on them.

This problem is kind of like that other problem we had with advertising Lets Plays, to solve it all the LP threads are locked and a separate thread was made for them to share Amnesia LP's in the Custom Story Discussion board.

So, I'm asking that we make a (mega)thread for all the fan made stories that users want to share. So we can enjoy reading them in a more organized and spam free environment.

Thank you for reading.
It seems like a good idea, but I think that there should be a subforum for fan fiction. That way people could keep track of ones they like better.
(08-26-2012, 07:01 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2012, 06:57 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: [ -> ]Just recently I've seen the top of the front page of this forum covered with fanfiction stories made by users of the frictional games community and I feel that something should be done, because making a thread for one story seems like spam in my opinion (No offence to anyone).

I have nothing against users making their fanfiction stories, it is fine to share them with everyone else but it should be done in one thread, one main thread only for the sharing of fan-made stories and opinions on them.

This problem is kind of like that other problem we had with advertising Lets Plays, to solve it all the LP threads are locked and a separate thread was made for them to share Amnesia LP's in the Custom Story Discussion board.

So, I'm asking that we make a (mega)thread for all the fan made stories that users want to share. So we can enjoy reading them in a more organized and spam free environment.

Thank you for reading.
No.
Just no, it won't work, has never worked on other forums and generally just leads to them never getting posted.
(08-26-2012, 07:01 PM)Zaffre Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like a good idea, but I think that there should be a subforum for fan fiction. That way people could keep track of ones they like better.
Zaffre... that is an even better idea! Maybe a subforum could work better instead of one thread.

I wonder how that LP thread is going on in Custom Story Discussion.
The LP-Thread works, because everybody just writes about his LP's, there's no real correspondence between the users. if you do ONE fanfiction thread, it will end in a chaos of quotes and stuff like that.
a subforum seems like a much better idea, but probaly there won't be one in the next time, because most of the subforums don't get accepted. but i don't know, @admins/mods, what do you think about it?

on the other side, i don't really care about all the threads, if they're longer, an own thread seems ok to me. and btw, didn't someone just create a collection-thread like this? O.o
(08-26-2012, 07:29 PM)johnbox Wrote: [ -> ]The LP-Thread works, because everybody just writes about his LP's, there's no real correspondence between the users. if you do ONE fanfiction thread, it will end in a chaos of quotes and stuff like that.
a subforum seems like a much better idea, but probaly there won't be one in the next time, because most of the subforums don't get accepted. but i don't know, @admins/mods, what do you think about it?

on the other side, i don't really care about all the threads, if they're longer, an own thread seems ok to me. and btw, didn't someone just create a collection-thread like this? O.o
I made a Fan fiction megathread a few days ago, but it got removed before anyone replied to it.
Subforum sounds like a good idea.

the DoW2 forums had a "Fan Central" which was pretty much a forum for RP's, fanfiction, some lore stuff etc.
A subforum would be excellent. But it depends on Frictional Games's choice.
(08-26-2012, 08:08 PM)SquigPie Wrote: [ -> ]Subforum sounds like a good idea.

the DoW2 forums had a "Fan Central" which was pretty much a forum for RP's, fanfiction, some lore stuff etc.
Why
Do You Have. . .
THAT FACE!?
(08-29-2012, 10:53 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2012, 08:08 PM)SquigPie Wrote: [ -> ]Subforum sounds like a good idea.

Why
Do You Have. . .
THAT FACE!?
You mean this guy?
[Image: avatar_13500.png?dateline=1335888809]
I have to agree, that is damn creepy.

Now I'll be right back, I'm gonna count how many Fanfiction stories there are on the forums, just out of boredom.
BACK: Alright I have counted five fanfiction stories on the front page of this subforum right now.
Pages: 1 2