Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Black Mesa Source - Red Letter Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
It's awesome.
(09-15-2012, 01:36 PM)Zaffre Wrote: [ -> ]It's awesome.
Doesn't even describe it.
It's a very good game and a very faithful recreation of a good game. I think it's a little too faithful, though. Playing it has reminded me of all the bad parts of Half-Life as well as the awesome level design and AI and all that. Every enemy other than the human ones sucks. Vortigaunts just stand vacantly until you round a corner, then they instantly fire at you with extreme accuracy. Headcrabs can attack right as they spawn. The SMG is barely effective against the marines, too
I am confuz. So this is "just" a mod, not a new game? If so, what game?
(09-15-2012, 08:00 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]I am confuz. So this is "just" a mod, not a new game? If so, what game?
It's a mod that requires the 2007 Source SDK Base and nothing else.
It's a complete remake of the original game with improved graphics, sounds and controls. Or so they say Big Grin
(09-15-2012, 08:08 PM)Sexbad Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2012, 08:00 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]I am confuz. So this is "just" a mod, not a new game? If so, what game?
It's a mod that requires the 2007 Source SDK Base and nothing else.
OK. Thanks a lot!
However, it doesn't have Xen levels in it.
(09-02-2012, 05:16 PM)Mehis Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.blackmesasource.com

Spoiler below!
IT'S GOING TO GET RELEASED!!!
I don't understand, is this like, HL3 or something?

Quote: It's a complete remake of the original game with improved graphics, sounds and controls. Or so they say
*Sigh* only now do I see this

While this is great, I'm actually kind of annoyed...okay Valve, it's great you want to remake a classic but come on seriously...where's our HL3, I'd much rather have HL3 then a remake of HL1, but enough being pessimistic, don't look a gift horse in the mouth
(09-16-2012, 03:37 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: [ -> ]While this is great, I'm actually kind of annoyed...okay Valve, it's great you want to remake a classic but come on seriously...where's our HL3, I'd much rather have HL3 then a remake of HL1, but enough being pessimistic, don't look a gift horse in the mouth

This was made by a modding team called Black Mesa, not Valve themselves; I believe Black Mesa spent a few years on this. Also I don't think it's right to consider this a mod; it seems this was made from the ground up on an entirely new engine, but was only designed after the original game.

The sounds, graphics and controls are definitely better though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11