Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Pony Megathread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I have 0% interest in MLP, I will have to say what Hasbro is doing is quite laughable... That's sad. It reminds me of how DayZ got really popular, then some jerks went and tried to copy the success of it and made WarZ... Which as history tells us, This "Equestria Girls" thing is probably going to smack facefirst into failure like WarZ did.
(02-26-2013, 07:10 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]While I have 0% interest in MLP, I will have to say what Hasbro is doing is quite laughable... That's sad. It reminds me of how DayZ got really popular, then some jerks went and tried to copy the success of it and made WarZ... Which as history tells us, This "Equestria Girls" thing is probably going to smack facefirst into failure like WarZ did.

What I don't understand is why would they change something successful that's making them money? its not like MLP was failing or doing badly.

I am very depressed now thanks to these new girls replacing the original characters... I haven't even finished season 1 yet...

Is it even worth watching the other seasons now that the "girls" are coming?
(02-26-2013, 07:25 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]What I don't understand is why would they change something successful that's making them money? its not like MLP was failing or doing badly.

Human greed.
(02-26-2013, 07:30 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2013, 07:25 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]What I don't understand is why would they change something successful that's making them money? its not like MLP was failing or doing badly.

Human greed.

They still wouldn't get rid of it unless sales were bad - which they probably weren't.
(02-26-2013, 07:33 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2013, 07:30 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]

Human greed.

They still wouldn't get rid of it unless sales were bad - which they probably weren't.

But they know that if they change it it will most likely appeal to a larger group of people = more sales. So again... It's really just greed
I don't really care that much about that Equestria Girls show. Even if it does fail horribly, which I currently do not doubt, it is said at the very least that this show is completely independent from the main FiM show, affecting it in no way.
(02-26-2013, 11:03 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really care that much about that Equestria Girls show. Even if it does fail horribly, which I currently do not doubt, it is said at the very least that this show is completely independent from the main FiM show, affecting it in no way.

How can you say that when the characters are based off of those on the main FiM show? they are the main characters in human form.
(02-26-2013, 11:06 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]How can you say that when the characters are based off of those on the main FiM show? they are the main characters in human form.

I mean production wise. I quote from an article here:

Quote:Update: In regard to some comments, the editor of Kidscreen confirmed to us the genuineness of the page and the contained information from the February/March 2013 issue of Kidscreen. She also added that Equestria Girls is a completely separate show that will have no bearing on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. —Telofy

http://www.derpyhoovesnews.com/equestria...ncept-art/

This means that while it is a related spinoff show, whatever happens in Equestria Girls will not affect the main show in any way.
(02-26-2013, 11:09 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2013, 11:06 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]How can you say that when the characters are based off of those on the main FiM show? they are the main characters in human form.

I mean production wise. I quote from an article here:

Quote:Update: In regard to some comments, the editor of Kidscreen confirmed to us the genuineness of the page and the contained information from the February/March 2013 issue of Kidscreen. She also added that Equestria Girls is a completely separate show that will have no bearing on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. —Telofy

http://www.derpyhoovesnews.com/equestria...ncept-art/

This means that while it is a related spinoff show, whatever happens in Equestria Girls will not affect the main show in any way.

Oh well thats good - thanks for clarifying.