Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Pony Megathread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
kman ur drunk bak to yaoi l0l
I have to disagree with Corinthian in regards to the fan-made episode. I find it inspirational that people would put in the effort to make something in dedication to a show they adore. Especially a show as good as MLP. While there are clearly many things they could have done better; the episode itself took a massive deal of effort, spanning to 54 weeks, after receiving legal permission from both Hasbro and Time Warner. Some of the things that bothered me the most, being: overstressed audio(the background melodies are often interrupting the dialogue, and occasionally unneeded to the point of excessive), overly expressive characters(the voice actors, while fitting in sound, need to work on their acting; rainbow dash wouldn't wave her arms and yell in common speech and neither would Twilight), inconsistent writing both in dialogue and plot.
These are all clear problems, but I. . . I didn't watch the whole thing.
I applaud the effort of the fan-made episode very VERY much . They did a verygreat job on the episode technically.

However, when you put it together with the pacing, story, and overall writing of the episode I think it feels a bit weak, and lacking in depth. One of the main issues here I think was that most people were thinking that it could be a REAL episode, and not a crossover with mostly one-dimensional references.
(04-11-2013, 01:19 PM)Brosive Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2013, 04:28 AM)ponyanarchy94 Wrote: [ -> ]this...this video has changed the way i look at my life. this video shows just how powerful the brony/pegasister comunity has become. a true, fan made episode starring rainbow dash. double rainboom.

I'm actually surprised that wasn't posted sooner.

ikr!!! and to the people who dont like drb (double rain boom) even if this fan made ep has multiple flaws, it doesnt mean that you shouldnsimply reject it. nopony is perfect, we all make mistakes, but the fact that people were inspired to create this shows just how much the pony comunity beleives in mlp. and the fact that hasbro legaly approved the project means that bronies are commercialy accepted, and that means that s4 of mlp could be less product sales and more of a ligitimate fan producing show! there were signs of this in the later episodes of s3 (too many pinkies seemed like is was intended to be a fan pleaser) characters that have been named or created may be in s4, and i beleive that derpy/ditzy will be brought back!!!!! sorry for the long post, but this stuff is really big for me.

another example of brony influence: spike at your service. magic duel. apple family reunion. i feel that these episodes brought back caracters that had been put on the back burner ('cept spike, hes in most eps) and gave them more of a story, i mean, after boast busters i didnt think trixie would be back in the show, and then magic duel rolled in and i was like "holy s**t!! trixies back!!!!" umm... i kinda forgot where i was going with this... umm.... pon3
Nothing in the world bothers me more than the fact that in the song "It'll be OK", the word 'anybody' is used.
(04-12-2013, 04:49 AM)ponyanarchy94 Wrote: [ -> ]i beleive that derpy/ditzy will be brought back!!!!!

Did you not see her in the Season 3 finale?
(04-12-2013, 02:06 PM)Brosive Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2013, 04:49 AM)ponyanarchy94 Wrote: [ -> ]i beleive that derpy/ditzy will be brought back!!!!!

no......... i was to busy freaking out about the whole 'corn thing....
Derpy was kidnapped by corinthianmerchant.. she's not coming back
(04-12-2013, 05:10 PM)ponyanarchy94 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2013, 02:06 PM)Brosive Wrote: [ -> ]

no......... i was to busy freaking out about the whole 'corn thing....

um...where is she, i watched it again but i didnt see her Sad