Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Pony Megathread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-18-2012, 07:02 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]Let me guess, Surprise is another of those "Respected 'Original Characters'"(So much sarcasm that it needs quotations IN quotations) on DeviantArt, that's really nothing more than a re-skinned copy.
Actually Surprise is what Lauren Faust originally envisioned the role of Pinkie Pie to be, based off of the white Pegasus of the same name from G1

Quote from MLP wiki:

Quote:Pinkie Pie is based on the G3 ponyof the same name. The G3 pony's coat is pink, with her mane and tail a lighter shade, and her cutie mark is three balloons with curved strings. The current Pinkie Pie's cutie mark matches that of a Pegasus pony from G1, Surprise. Lauren Faust had published concept art of Surprise which bears a strong resemblance to Pinkie Pie, only with a white and yellow color scheme and Pegasus wings, and Hasbro published a recolor of the image in their "Style Guide for Pinkie Pie", complete with Pegasus wings. Pinkie Pie ultimately remained grounded and her wings were given to Fluttershy, who was back then called Posey.

If anything fanart of Surprise is more, or less fans poking fun at the original concept of Pinkie in behind-the-scenes dev stages
(11-18-2012, 04:15 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]

[Image: Sohardcore.jpg]
(11-18-2012, 07:17 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2012, 07:02 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]Let me guess, Surprise is another of those "Respected 'Original Characters'"(So much sarcasm that it needs quotations IN quotations) on DeviantArt, that's really nothing more than a re-skinned copy.
Actually Surprise is what Lauren Faust originally envisioned the role of Pinkie Pie to be, based off of the white Pegasus of the same name from G1
Well I knew Pinkie was originally envisioned as a Pegasus. Doesn't mean she has to be so BIG though. She's just another Pinkie Pie, but wait, WINGS!
(11-18-2012, 08:16 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]Well I knew Pinkie was originally envisioned as a Pegasus. Doesn't mean she has to be so BIG though. She's just another Pinkie Pie, but wait, WINGS!
You could say the same for Derpy, Octavia, or Vinyl. It's just fans having their fun, and then having it slowly snowball into something very popular.
(11-18-2012, 08:21 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2012, 08:16 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]Well I knew Pinkie was originally envisioned as a Pegasus. Doesn't mean she has to be so BIG though. She's just another Pinkie Pie, but wait, WINGS!
You could say the same for Derpy, Octavia, or Vinyl. It's just fans having their fun, and then having it slowly snowball into something very popular.
Those happen to be in the actual show, and I refuse to allow any fun!
HEY CROROINTIANMERCHANT, is there a place where you store all this pony art ?
(11-19-2012, 06:11 PM)DogFood Wrote: [ -> ]HEY CROROINTIANMERCHANT, is there a place where you store all this pony art ?
As far as I know, the ponies stay here and here only. So yeah, feel free to let the ponies roam on this thread. But keep them here
(11-19-2012, 06:37 PM)TheBlastPassage Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, the ponies stay here and here only. So yeah, feel free to let the ponies roam on this thread. But keep them here
Unless they're relevant to the topic at hand of course.
Yeah, that would be an exception. But in your average thread, keep ponies out