Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Locked Door Message not Working, Help Needed. (Awarding Virtual Cookie)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
@Harthex why is there an "asItem" in the door locked message? There is no item being used.
(09-05-2012, 01:01 AM)Zaffre Wrote: [ -> ]@Harthex why is there an "asItem" in the door locked message? There is no item being used.
That's what I used for mine, I just want to see if my script works for Frodos
Sorry for the long wait for the reply, I tried your technique Harthex, it still did not work. I got frustrated and took a break from Amnesia Level Editor for a few days. I think maybe it's something wrong with my map.. so I've decided to start all over. Thank you all for trying to help.
Did you not assemble what I said? The way I have it set, it should work perfectly...

Spoiler below!

Here's the whole setup:

Name of Door: roomone

Active: Yes

CastShadows:Yes

StaticPhysics:No

IsAffectedbyDecal:No

PlayerInteractCallback: DoorLockedMessage

PlayerInteractCallBackAutoRemove: Yes

Locked: Yes

OpenAmount: 0

extra_english.lang

<LANGUAGE>

<CATEGORY Name="Messages">

<Entry Name="lockeddoor">The door is locked from the outside, maybe there is another way out of here.</Entry>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

HPS:

void OnStart()

{

//NOTHING. The callback is already set on the door in the level editor

}

void DoorLockedMessage(string &in asEntity)

{

SetMessage("Messages", "lockeddoor", 0);

}

Opps sorry, I forgot to add, I did try yours as well, it did not work either.

Edit: You probably think I messed up somewhere, but I truthfully have followed all your instructions, most recent being Statyk, this is a direct copy and paste of my files and it still doesn't work.

extra_english.lang

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="Messages">
<Entry Name="lockeddoor">The door is locked from the outside, maybe there is another way out of here.
</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

hps:

void OnStart()
{

}

void DoorLockedMessage(string &in asEntity)
{
SetMessage("Messages", "lockeddoor", 0);
}
Restart the entire scripts. Erase them all and start from scratch. Delete the door as well.
Scripts go here "custom_stories" > "Custom story folder" > "maps" the english and custom settings go "custom_stories" > "Custom story folder"

Put another door rename it make sure no extra spacing after the names and if you still need help don't ask me because I have to unplug my computer for a month because I have to gain some muscles for hunting season.
Try to name the door "something_1"
Pages: 1 2 3