Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Custom story map not updating in game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been editing the script and map for my cs, I put in a folder in custom_stories, and in that folder I put a maps folder containing my map. The custom story settings file sets the starting map to the map in the maps folder. But when I try it in amnesia, the .hps for the map works fine when I update it, but the map itself seems to be an older version and I'm not sure how to fix this. No matter how many changes I make, it won't update in game. I ended up completely changing the name of the map so that the settings can't find it, but the custom story still loads the previous version of the map, which I don't understand because that map doesn't even exist anymore.

Anybody know what's going on?
Do you have any of your files in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore?
It looks like I have amnesia in there along with my custom story. Should I just delete it from there?
(09-03-2012, 08:50 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like I have amnesia in there along with my custom story. Should I just delete it from there?
Try that. But just in case, create a backup. If deleting that works, the delete the backup as well.