Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Puzzle animations, programming, and custom item names!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You know when you have to chisel things in the vanilla story and you'll see the actual hammer and chisel animating to break something? How would I go about doing my own things like that? Also, how does a chemistry type puzzle work scriptingwise? For example, say I want to use a hand drill on Agrippa's head to leak blood into a jar and then have the jar become something new to pick up? How do I make the custom names for all these jars and things? (I assume its lang file related) halpz lol?
Hammer & Chipper: Search around the forum for hammer and chipper.

The other script, you'll have to mess around with SetEntityActive, CreateParticleSystemAtEntity, and other stuff... Try, try and try! Use the engine scripts, and see the possibilities
Incoming boring response, but... you should check the actual maps, where those animations happen, with Level Editor while at the same time analyzing the scripting of it. If you're persistent, you might understand how they do it. It's not too hard I think.