Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: help making wheel spin continuesly!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am trying to figure out a way to make a wheel spin continuesly, but i just cant seem to nail it! any of you who got an idea or have done it before?
yes, since the other problem actually was solved. this is another part of the problem.
Are you saying "making the wheel spin continuously"? On its own?

Sorry, I have a massive headache right now, and my vision's slurred, and I can't think.
yes on its own. i have a trigger, which i wan't to activate a script with which makes a valve wheel spin continuesly on its own. but i just can't seem to fin any form of scripting to do so
Here
Code:
void RotatePropToSpeed(string& asName, float afAcc, float afGoalSpeed, float afAxisX, float afAxisY, float afAxisZ, bool abResetSpeed, string& asOffsetArea);

Additional info:

Code:
Rotates the prop up to a set speed.asName - internal name
afAcc - acceleration
afGoalSpeed - desired speed
afAxisX - rotation around X axis
afAxisY - rotation around Y axis
afAxisZ - rotation around Z axis
abResetSpeed - determines whether the speed is resetted after goal speed is reached
asOffsetArea - the area to rotate around, if ””, then the center of the body is used
Note: The entity you want to rotate MUST be a “StaticObject” entity!

Try this, and experiment with each of the values. If the pipe is rotating the wrong way, you used an incorrect axis. You may need to use 2 axises if neither work alone. As I said, experiment.
thank you sir! i will try this out!
(09-09-2012, 07:04 PM)bjaffedj Wrote: [ -> ]thank you sir! i will try this out!
You're welcome. Also, experiment with all values (start with one at a time)! After some time, you shall find the right thing.