Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: design/gameplay question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just restored power and opened the gate in Overture. One dog...ok, I can handle that, managed to kill it..now, I go to another room and there's two.

My basic question is, is the game generally designed to expect you will engage in actual combat with the dogs, or is there a way to stealth or trick my way through it as well?
(09-10-2012, 06:23 AM)bloogleford Wrote: [ -> ]So I just restored power and opened the gate in Overture. One dog...ok, I can handle that, managed to kill it..now, I go to another room and there's two.

My basic question is, is the game generally designed to expect you will engage in actual combat with the dogs, or is there a way to stealth or trick my way through it as well?
At that point, it is your choice. But it was mostly made for stealth.
(09-10-2012, 07:27 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2012, 06:23 AM)bloogleford Wrote: [ -> ]So I just restored power and opened the gate in Overture. One dog...ok, I can handle that, managed to kill it..now, I go to another room and there's two.

At that point, it is your choice. But it was mostly made for stealth.

So it is my choice though, there are no places that absolutely require engaging in combat? Don't get me wrong - I love the game, but I don't find the combat fun and would like to avoid it.
It was made for stealth purposes. Combat is unnecessary. Unless a dog is biting you. Your choice, honestly.
You can use a bit of meat to sneak past the dog, but if you can fight if needed (recommend a one-on-one, two against one is tricky).
(09-14-2012, 07:53 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: [ -> ]You can use a bit of meat to sneak past the dog, but if you can fight if needed (recommend a one-on-one, two against one is tricky).
I know threesome.