Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra Overture/Black Plague Novel Creation/Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Until an official one is (or even if) released, how would (or who would) write the story of Penumbra: Overture and its sequel Penumbra: Black Plague?

Here, if your interested, we will discuss how to write such a story.
I don't know about novels, but if I would write one, I would try to make it very detailed, while keeping the story the same as the game.
(09-11-2012, 06:59 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about novels, but if I would write one, I would try to make it very detailed, while keeping the story the same as the game.
Good to hear. I would keep to the story as well. Now do you think parts need to be added? One thought is who did Phillip send his message to?

Yet another thought: I wrote up (as a cool merchandise to own) a Penumbra Kit [here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid166493]. What if we put things Phillip thought about doing/studying once he got out (before realizing his fate at the end). So he collects things to confirm his story, Rock Worm tooth, Giant Spider pincers, etc?
I don't really think parts have to be added. Keeping certain things a mystery is what I'd like.

Penumbra Kit = Pure coolness of awesomeness.
(09-11-2012, 07:07 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really think parts have to be added. Keeping certain things a mystery is what I'd like.

Penumbra Kit = Pure coolness of awesomeness.
I can understand, it does add mystery. As this is a novel we'd have to put what the player would have done into thought for the character.

I'm glad you love my Penumbra Kit idea! Cool

Now I have to ask, in your opinion, what would Clarance look like if he drew himself?
Well, that's a bit outside my experience box. Middle-aged man. That's all I can say. We might need to find out some more about Clarence's past. Who was he (physically)?
(09-11-2012, 07:34 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that's a bit outside my experience box. Middle-aged man. That's all I can say. We might need to find out some more about Clarence's past. Who was he (physically)?
Who he was, well that's a Tuurngait. Remember in Black Plague, even in the demo, where you see an un-natural light(s)? My guess is that those lights are the Tuurngait when not in a body. Who he is physically, for the longest time he was in Phillip, so maybe a modified appearance of Phillip?
(09-11-2012, 07:47 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2012, 07:34 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that's a bit outside my experience box. Middle-aged man. That's all I can say. We might need to find out some more about Clarence's past. Who was he (physically)?
Who he was, well that's a Tuurngait. Remember in Black Plague, even in the demo, where you see an un-natural light(s)? My guess is that those lights are the Tuurngait when not in a body. Who he is physically, for the longest time he was in Phillip, so maybe a modified appearance of Phillip?
Light? I don't remember any kind of light.

About Clarence, like I said, I dunno. His appearance can only be described by the person who thought him up.
(09-11-2012, 07:49 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2012, 07:47 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: [ -> ]
Light? I don't remember any kind of light.

About Clarence, like I said, I dunno. His appearance can only be described by the person who thought him up.
At this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQ0_1p0r...plpp_video starting from at 5:00 to 5:06, it shows the light along with the description "That light, it doesn't seem natural".

I agree, it would depend on who thought up Clarence.
Next time, don't link me to PewDiePie. He was good before, but now my head is splitting open.

And yeah, just reading that text, I remember. It seemed normal to me, so that is why I didn't remember.
Pages: 1 2 3