Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What Was the Most Tense Part of Amnesia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was wondering what the worst part of Amnesia (fear-wise) was for you. I think I can safely say that it was the
Spoiler below!
Iron Maiden in the Choir.
I knew it would come open. What I didn't know about was the scream that would follow. I think it was the only time in Amnesia I actually gasped (I don't scare easy).

So what was the scariest part of Amnesia for the folks at Frictional Games?
I don't want to bust the apple cart, but wasn't something like this asked before? I faintly remember such a thread somewhere. But that was a bit long ago.

Either way:
Spoiler below!

Sewer, Prison, Storage, and the Choir.

Nuff said.
Cellar archives and especially the archive tunnels.
Spoiler below!
When the brute chased you in the sewers
(09-12-2012, 03:54 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote: [ -> ]Cellar archives and especially the archive tunnels.
This.

Oh my god this.
Choir - Main Hall
FYI, jumpscares are the exact opposite of tension. When done right they release tension (when done wrong however they just jarringly remove it or completely break the suspension of disbelief). I guess if you were expecting it to open it can be considered a tense scene, but I think the cellar archives or storage are overall much tenser.
The Prison and the Choir
That second staircase in the first part of the prison.

I was in the middle of it and when I heard a big ROAR I kept looking up the stairs, down the stairs, up, down, up, down, until I saw IT.

Bricks were shat that day.
Prison or the water monster chase.

wtb random spawns.
Pages: 1 2 3