Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Script help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on my own Custom story at the moment (actually, this is my first Amnesia CS). I'm not good in scripting, so I already have some questions. For example:
- Is there a way to script an area to call a function when a certain type of entity interacts with it? For example, I put inside an area any random book (not a concrete book with a name "book_that_calls_callback", but a random one) or random barrel, random piece of human arm etc. and this calls a function?
- Is there a way to make a rope area inactive? Or how can I script a situation, when I use a "rope" item near a hole - and a rope appears, that can be used as ladder?
- Is there a way to make a player drop a thing that he is holding in his hands at the moment? For example, the player walks through the corridor having a barrel/chair/book/Stephano/etc in his hand and whenever he goes inside an area - he drops this entity, and he has to grab it once again.
Question 1: Yes. Don't understand the random book part.

Question 2: Don't know about rope areas. I worked with ladder areas, but not rope areas.

Question 3: Unsure about that. Try using "ChangePlayerStateToNormal();" (without quotes).
(09-14-2012, 01:01 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]Question 1: Yes. Don't understand the random book part.

I mean, that there is a library full of books in the map, and any of them can call a function if put inside the scriptarea.
Well, that may be a bit difficult. You'll have to use the "AddEntityCollideCallback" script on each book.

Like this:

AddEntityCollideCallback("book_1", "ScriptAreaName", "book_1_function", true, 1);

AddEntityCollideCallback("book_2", "ScriptAreaName", "book_2_function", true, 1);

etc.

If you want like "if one book triggers that, the others can no longer" kind of thing, that will need a "Local" or "Global" int. Something that I am working with right now.
You just have to use a for script. I can paste it when i get home...
Just noticed I typed incorrectly in the previous post. Should be fine now!
Question 1:
The solution to this is using a "for loop". That's a script that involves alot of entities, in one line of code. Like this:

Let's say you have added 50 books. You add a "for loop" that involves the numbers 1-50. The integer (shortened "i") is every number between 1 and 50.

PHP Code:
for(int i=1;i<50;i++) 

Now we need to add a function.

PHP Code:
AddEntityCollideCallback("Book_"+i"ScriptArea""YourFunction"true1); 

Take a look at the AddEntityCollideCallback. Instead of using the name ("Book_1") we added ("Book"+i). And since the "for loop" made the "i" mean any number between 1 and 50, every book that is named ("Book_" and a number between 1 and 50 after the underscore) will call the function "YourFunction" when they collide with the "ScriptArea".

At the end, after adding opening and closing brackets, it should look like this:

for(int i=1;i<50;i++){
AddEntityCollideCallback("Book_"+i, "ScriptArea", "YourFunction", true, 1);
}

Question 2:
The solution to this is the un-check the "Active" check-box in your ladder area, in the editor. That makes it unable to use. After that, you simple need to activate it with this script:

PHP Code:
SetEntityActive("LadderArea"true); 

Put that in the script function when they use the rope on the hole.

Question 3:
You can use this script:

PHP Code:
ChangePlayerStateToNormal(); 

It will make the player drop the item he is holding. Just copy the line and add it to your function.
Wow, that's great! Thanks =D Thanks to everyone. I've been working on my CS for nearly a month, and these scripts were the most difficult.