Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Crashes when entering certain location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought Penumbra: Overture via the online store download, waited for and then applied the correct patch (just that latest ATI-fix one, no other patches, I understood it that it included all the previous ones), fired up the game and everything works fine. No texture problems, no crashing, nothing. Until:

Spoiler below!
At the beginning of the water/spider caves, where I have to stack up boxes, connect the ladder and then climb higher up to enter the spider cave.

Right after I climb up and enter the next map, the game crashes. There have been no problems prior to this one, not even graphical ones, I have all the latest drivers for both sound and video and the game itself is a clean installation with just the latest patch applied. The only thing I did out of the ordinary was:

Spoiler below!
I entered the auxillary shaft and powered up the control panel (I wasn't able to get the machinery to work of course) and -then- proceeded to go in the direction in which Red the radio man pointed me to, ie. Excavation.

Also, I feel I should add that I didn't experience this particular (or any other) crash before applying the latest patch. I did play the game up to this stage back when the graphics were broken.
Please attach hpl.log, found in "My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode 1"

Also, have you tried entering the cave any more times? Just so you know the crash is repeatable.
I sure have. I tried fiddling with various settings or even setting everything back to default with no positive results.

Here's the hpl log.
Patch is updated with fix. Please download again, install and all should be working.
Worked like a miracle, thank you very much for being so quick about it.